Ashwagandha herb (Withania somnifera) root is a herb of the ages. It is the ‘ginseng’ of Ayurvedic medicine, the traditional medicine of India and is considered an ‘adaptogen, a term used to describe herbs that improve physical energy and athletic ability, increase immunity to colds and infections and increase sexual capacity and fertility.
Ashwagandha herbs, Winter Cherry, Ashgandh, Achuvagandi, Amikkira-gadday, Amkulang-kalang, , Asagandha, Asana, Asgandh, Asundha, Asvagandhi, Fatarfoda, Hirre-gadday, Penneroo-gadda, Pevette, Sogade-beru
Ayurvedic properties of Ashwagandha herbs:-
Rasa:- Tikta , Katu Guna:- Laghu , Snigdha
Veerya:- Ushna Vipaka:- Madhura
Effects on doshas:- It is Kapha – Vatta shamak.
Chemical constituents and uses of Ashwagandha:-
Ashwagandha contains alkaloids ,steroids , lactones . These include tropine and cuscohygrine , withanolides , withaferin A .
- It has anti- inflammatory, anti- tumor, anti- stress ,antioxidants ,mind
boosting, immune enhancing and rejuvenating properties .
- It is also used for treating memory loss.
- It is natural nutrients for insomnia.
- It is a nervine tonic.
- It is blood tonifier that improve circulations and absorption of nutrients
from the cell.
- It is powerful aphordiasic .It is also used for sexual vitality as an adaptogen.
- It restores neurotransmitters and hence useful in various mental disoders.
- muscle fatigue and neck/ back stiffness
- Joint pains
- Arthritis of all types
- Calf myalgia ( Lower leg pains )
- Blood Pressure
- Insomina – that's why the name Withania sominfera
- Muscle Power and Stamina – Ashwa – literally means "horse"
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Weakness due to Diabetes
- Erectile dysfunction and low sperm count, premature ejaculation
SIDE EFFECTS :-
Ashwagandha is not recommended in the case of hyperthyroidism or pregnancy. In strong doses Ashwagandha can have a hypnotic effect.
The therapeutic dose of ashwagandha extract is 450 mg per day, standardizedto 10% withanolides.
For more detail on Migraine treatment in ayurveda, please visit our nearest clinic or if want to consult with our Founder & M.D- Dr. Baldeep Kour then write with detail history at: firstname.lastname@example.org