Sarpagandha Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine, used in the treatment of high BP and lack of sleep. It should only be used under strict medical supervision.
Sarpgandha formulations are used in the management of essential hypertension and in certain neuropsychiatric disorders. For Hypertension, Heart diseases, Insomnia, Epilepsy, the root powder is taken in dose of half gram, twice a day.
- Antihypertensive medicine
- Antipsychotic medicine
Another important therapeutic use of the roots of Sarpagandha is in psychotic disorders such as delusions, hallucinations, schizophrenia, paranoia or disordered thought. Sarpagandha is sedative, narcotic and tranquilizing. The sedative and tranquillizing properties of the drug are thought to be related to depletion of catecholamine and serotonin from the brain.
Active ingredient of Sarpagandha vati:
Sarpagandha ( Rauwolfia serpentina)
It is used in the treatment of lack of adequate sleep, hypertension, and dizziness.
Advantages of Sarpagandha
- This is the main herb for high blood pressure.
- It dilates the blood vessels and reduces blood pressure.
- It reduces Vata and gives relief in insomnia and agitation.
- It is sedating and tranquillizing.
- It is Brain tonic and given in combination with other brain nourishing herbs.
- It gives relief in pain and colic.
- It is an exceptionally powerful.
Disadvantages of Sarpagandha
- It is hot in potency and has warming effect on body.
- It can cause deformities in developing baby, if taken during pregnancy.
- It can cause serious depression, tiredness and nasal congestion.
- It may induce peptic ulceration.
- It may aggravate allergic disorders.
- Wrong dose can cause hypotension and lead to giddiness and sleepiness.
- It can cause fluid retention.
- It may increase salivation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Overdose may cause diarrhea, bradycardia and drowsiness.
Indication of Sarpagandha vati:
It is useful in insomnia, hypertension & headache due to hypertension.
1 TO 2 tablets to be taken twice in a day with water or as directed by the physician.
There are no known side effects with this medicine. However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
Available in 40 nos capsule packs.