Yoga & Ayurveda
In vedas we find rich text about Ayurveda and Yoga, because of which they are sometimes considered to be sister sciences of ancient India. Ayurveda is related to healing the body using natural therapies and medicines whereas yoga is regarded as the science of mind and body purification. But the two very well compliments each other in their own distinctive ways.
The verse, “yogas chitta vritti nirodhaha” in the Yoga Sutra and the verse, “svasmin dishati iti svasthah” of the Ayurveda texts evidently display the relation between both. The former mention that yoga provides a settled state to the body and the latter explains that the person who is always united with his inner self is healthy. The two sciences talk about the very same goal of achieving the self.
In Ayurvedic texts such as the Charak Samhita, yoga is mentioned as the centre of Dincharya (daily routine). This is because of its importance in dissolving stress and calming down the body, before medication. Yoga attempts to balance all the three Doshas of the human body. The forward bending postures in yoga help in minimizing the Pitta Doshas, the twisting ones reduce the Kapha Doshas, and the backward bending exercises work well for the Vata Doshas. Yoga helps tone each and every part of the body and remove toxins from the inner organs of the body, complimenting the final aim of Ayurveda.
Ayurveda compliments Yoga in its primary goal of a healthy body. Different Ayurveda massages and treatments help relax the muscles and help yoga practice. Ayurveda attempts to provide a huge amount of support to yoga. There are many yoga exercises and kriyas that help removal of different toxins and unwanted substances from the body, but without proper Ayurvedic assistance all these exercises do not work as efficiently.
It would be very relevant to say that Ayurveda and yoga go hand in hand, complimenting each other and helping the human body to live a healthy and long life.
At deep Ayurveda, this interdependence of both the systems are taken seriously and always kept in consideration while treating a patient.
Medical Astrology & Ayurveda
Vedic Medical Astrology is as old as Vedas.
Ayurveda, the veda of life, identifies three basic reasons for ailments. Astrology can provide fixed answers to do away with tri-dosha based ailments. Even before a man steps out of his mother’s womb, astrology can predict the potential ailments of his life is going to be punctuated with. A scholarly seer can accurately interpret the codes of such a science. He/She alone knows when, where and how an ailment is going to afflict, and which the real course is, and also how it can be cured.
Where modern medical science is at a loss, medical astrology can chalk out possible solutions. The glowing tower of Indian Vedic astrology is positioned on the concept of soul immortality and its cyclic system of rebirth with the KARMIC DEEDS to the span of eternal time, from births to births
Vedanga Astrology predicts three types of karma effects namely Druda, Adruda, and Drudadruda resulting from the deeds of the past and present births, which ultimately decide one’s destiny.
1) Drudda karma effects – Strong
2) Adrudda karma effects – Some What Weak
3) Drudaadrudda karma effects – Mixed
1) The Druda impacts are the products of the rash deeds conferred in the past disregarding the pricks of awareness. It is verging on difficult to ease the impacts thereof. Yet to a sure degree the malicious results can be directed by carrying on with a precise life endorsed by the sastras and by being truly humble and repentant, assisting the individual with getting over, with the course of life on a brightened plain. The light shed by kalpa Sastra and the prop offered by Tantric Science get to be convenient here.
2) In the general flux of life, under the relentless weight of circumstances, obliviousness or hasty responses required by the goals of life, individuals confer deeds that return skipping in later lives and they are alluded to as Adruda impacts. A devoted man can mitigate the inconvenient effects of the past deeds, all things considered, by taking after the direction of an ethical master and through homas, gifts, petitions to God and reflections.
3) Drudaadruda past conception impacts, begin from the deeds submitted completely under the spell of circumstances furthermore in the harsh times that the family tribe or family divinities are subjected to. This can be held over with the assistance of a diviner with perfect fire and bolstered with satisfactory healing deeds.
To the extent Indian medical astrology is concerned the main driver of each maladies (etiology) are totally karmic which is determined out of exploitative, untrustworthy, merciless, untruthful activities submitted in the past. The deeds of past lives in the form of karma add up in the form of sins which later shows up in each life cycle. This can’t be identified under the arrangement of modern medical science. At whatever point and where the physical analysis and treatment through present day medical science get to be disappointing there emerge the pertinence and sacredness of medical astrology. The gleaming tower of Indian Vedic science is based upon the idea of the interminability of the spirit and its cyclic arrangement of resurrection with the KARMIC DEEDS to the compass of endless time, from births to births.